What to Wear/Bring
- Footwear: Closed-toe shoes are required. Heavy boots, sandals, or flip flops are not allowed for safety reasons.
- Pants/Shorts: Pants should be comfortably loose to allow for movement. Shorts should be of modest length. Please wear clothing that can get dirty.
- Shirts/Jackets: Wear what is comfortable. Layering is recommended in cooler temperatures.
- Hats: A baseball hat or visor is recommended for sun protection, and a warmer hat for cooler weather.
- Rain Gear: Our programs can be safely implemented in rainy weather, and it often adds to the experience. Light rain coats or rain pants are recommended during wet weather. In the case of severe weather, many of our elements and team initiatives can be moved indoors.
Sun Block: This is an optional item, but is recommended.
- Water Bottle: Water will be provided on the course, and durable water bottles are recommended.
- Completed Health Form and Waiver: Please fill these forms out before your program to save time.
Seasonal needs may include:
- Summer: Lightweight, loose cotton clothing, baseball hat.
- Spring and Fall: Bring an extra layer for cool mornings, but be prepared for hot afternoons.
- Winter: Although temperatures may not be extremely cold, keep in mind that you will be outside, and many layers of warm clothing is recommended. Hats and gloves are encouraged.
Please leave these at home:
- Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco: Use of any kind is prohibited by GOLS
- Cell phones, mp3 players, other electronic devices: These can be distracting during your program time
- Sunglasses: Eye contact is important for trust; let us know if you have a health issue
- Knives/Multi-tools: These are not necessary for your survival during your session
- Jewelry: Can get caught in equipment and injure you or others
In any outdoor adventure experience there are real risks involved. Efforts are made to manage risks in a proactive manner. Trained and experienced facilitators will make every effort to minimize known exposures to risks associated with activities. Despite these efforts, risks are only reduced and never eliminated.
Back to Previous Page
Glendale Outdoor Leadership School - 270 Wheeling Circle, Glendale, SC 29346
2007-2008, Glendale Outdoor Leadership School, LLC. All Rights Reserved.